Go ahead, sit down.
Take your time.
We already know the Day the EBT Card Runs Out is the day nature pimp-slaps nurture and the entitlement culture of Black-Run America (BRA), sending our egalitarian society crashing to the floor; no interference by the state can deny this eventuality from happening.
|American Exceptionalism on display: Will White America ever shrug?|
American Thinker has published a powerful essay [No Demagoguery Needed, October 30, 2013], which helps explain in lurid detail the enormous costs of shouldering a demographic group ill-equipped with competing in the cognitively-demanding country created (and sustained) by whites. Sure, individual black people can compete, but you don't base social policy on individuals. Here's what was published at American Thinker:
At the end of last week, conservative news media reported on Census Bureau data showing that there were more people on welfare in the United States than there were people with full time jobs at the end of 2011. This is alarming news, but there is also a temptation to make it even more alarming by twisting the numbers to exaggerate the extent that Americans (which in the Census includes non-citizens who simply live in the U.S.) are dependent on government largesse. Terence P. Jeffrey, writing for CNS News, let the facts speak for themselves. He properly cited the Census definition of "means tested benefits" which equate with the popular understanding of welfare programs that transfer goods, services and income to the poor.
According to the Census data cited by Jeffrey, "in the fourth quarter of 2011 were 82,457,000 people in households receiving , 49,073,000 beneficiaries of food stamps, 20,223,000 on Supplemental Security Income, 23,228,000 in the Women, Infants and Children program, 13,433,000 in public or subsidized rental housing, and 5,854,000 in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. Also among the 108,592,000 means-tested benefit recipients counted by the Census Bureau were people getting free or reduced-price lunch or breakfast, state-administered supplemental security income and means-tested veterans ." In comparison, 101,716,000 people worked full-time in 2011.
There are other useful figures from the same Census report that did not make the CNS or Newsmax stories. The government figures were broken down by race. While 20.5% of White and 27.9% of Asian households receive some form of means-tested benefits, 50.9% of Black households and 53.3% of Hispanic households receive welfare assistance. The figure for Hispanic households should dispel any notions that the Republican Party will gain any advantage from immigration reforms that increase the size of this voting bloc. Communities with a high dependence on welfare will vote for the party that promises to keep the benefits flowing. There is a reason every Democrat in Congress supports comprehensive immigration reform that would open a path to the voting booth to those who came into the country illegally.
- 20.5 percent of whites, 27.9 percent of Asians, 50.9 percent of blacks, and 53.3 percent of Hispanics (Latinos) received means-tested assistance (this includes means-tested cash assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, and public or authorized housing).
- From that same dataset, we learn that 6.9 percent of whites, 18.8 percent of Hispanics (Latinos), 5.7 percent of Asians, and 25.1 percent of blacks live in a household that receives food stamps/EBT/SNAP.
- Crunching the numbers just a tad farther, we learn that 16.7 percent of whites, 43.8 percent of Hispanics (Latinos), 23.2 percent of Asians, and 39.4 percent of blacks live in a household in which on or more persons are covered by Medicaid.
- How about public housing? 1.9 percent of whites, 4.7 percent of Hispanics (Latinos), 2.5 percent of Asians, and 11.5 percent of blacks live in public or authorized housing.
- And, 4.4 percent of whites, 8.7 percent of Hispanics (Latinos), 5.6 percent of Asians, and 13.6 percent of blacks live in a household that receives means-tested cash assistance.