- Paul Kersey: Nothing to do but cut and run, huh? What else? What about the old American social custom of self-defense? If the police don't defend us, maybe we ought to do it ourselves.
- Jack Toby: We're not pioneers anymore, Dad.
- Paul Kersey: What are we, Jack?
- Jack Toby: What do you mean?
- Paul Kersey: I mean, if we're not pioneers, what have we become? What do you call people who, when they're faced with a condition or fear, do nothing about it, they just run and hide?
- Jack Toby: Civilized?
- Paul Kersey: No.
I didn't start this blog seeking fame or fortune; I didn't start SBPDL and continue doing it because I desired losing a job and seeing one aspect of my professional career go up in flames. After the Omar Thornton story, those paying attention should know this blog changed its focus.
As London burns and the United States appears on the verge of something... major... the only advice I can provide to people is what was discussed in the scene from Death Wish above. There is nothing civilized about accepting -- capitulating -- to what is going on all around us.
What have we become? The riots in London are all about race. The Mahogany Mobs that transpired at the Wisconsin State Fair in Milwaukee were all about race (BLACK PEOPLE PULLED WHITE PEOPLE FROM THEIR CARS!!!).
I have no answers. All I can do is provide the quote from above, from a movie made many years before I was born.
What have we become?
I don't think so.