That's what you call an unbelievable opening weekend at the theaters.
The America of 2015 is undeserving of a man of the quality of Chris Kyle, but white Americans of 2015 desire a man like Chris Kyle.
|American Sniper... the type of Punisher movie white America wants to see|
American Sniper speaks to the them at an atavistic level, reminding them of the type of individual necessary to make life possible.
Selma, on the other hand, is the type of movie showcasing a movement making life impossible.
Across the country, black businessman (okay -- non-profits deriving large portions of their operating budget from federal grants or minority contracts) helped finance large scale showings of Selma for students to see the movie for free.... while real Americans stormed cinemas across the country to pay to see a movie depicting a white male engaging in heroic acts in defense of his country.
Primarily black K-12 public school students (across the country, amounting to 275,000 tickets) were able to see Selma for free this past weekend in:
- Montgomery. [Montgomery students to receive free admission to 'Selma' showings thanks to local business leaders, AL.com, 1-16-15]
- Memphis. [Mayor says students can see ‘Selma' free, Memphis Commercial Appeal, 1-16-15]
- Detroit. [Free 'Selma' tickets available for Detroit students, Detroit Free-Press, 1-16-15]
- New Orleans. [Tickets to the civil-rights drama 'Selma' being offered free to local students, New Orleans Times-Picayune, 1-16-15]
- Washington D.C. [Thousands of D.C. students can see ‘Selma’ free, Washington Post, 1-16-15]
- Atlanta. [Free 'Selma' tickets for Atlanta Public Schools students in high school, CBS Atlanta, 1-16-15]
- St. Louis. [STL among select cities offering 7-9 grade students free admission to ‘Selma’, St. Louis American, 1-16-15]
- Chicago, Dallas, New York and Oakland too! [Selma’ Free Screenings Expand to Chicago, Dallas, D.C. and Other Cities, Variety, 1-14-15]
- Indianapolis. [Several Indy Venues Offering Free Admission on MLK Day, Praise Indy, 1-15-15]
- Newark. [Free 'Selma' tickets for NJ students, NJ.com, 1-14-15]
- Philadelphia. [10,000 Philly students can see “Selma” for free through Jan. 19, Philly Now, 1-13-15]
- Baltimore. [Free tickets for students to Selma, Baltimore City Schools]
American Sniper, a movie celebrating the heroics of a white man (a white man who every institution - television, Hollywood, academia, government, and commercials - in America works overtime to denigrate) has one of the most astounding opening weekends in the history of cinema.
No one cares, save Oprah Winfrey and her coalition of well-connected black businessman in major American cities whose entire fortune is dependent on government-mandated minority contracts...
The story of Chris Kyle in American Sniper?
One of the largest openings in movie history is a reminder white America yearns for something far greater than black people marching across a bridge...